Adia beach is a large, and almost untouched bay on the western side of Karpathos, far from the villages. Adia beach (also known as Iliontas beach, Paralia Iliontas) is located on the west coast of Karpathos island, about 25 kilometers away from Pigadia (Karpathos town).
It can be reached from the main road which leads between Arkasa and Kato Lefkos villages. If you drive on the west coast, you will recognize Adia due for its sea colours, because this is one of the most picturesque beaches near the road. Its access is not complicated, just follow the coordinates below or watch for the road sign which shows the small asphalted road down to the beach.
Despite its amazing colours this area of Adia beach is not belong to the most popular tourist resorts in Karpathos, there are just a few houses and a small restaurant ‘Taverna Evdoxia’s. The beach is unorganized, and usually there are no beach bars, or parasols and sunbeds for rent. This place is for relaxation, or just listening to the sound of the sea. Just lying on the rocks to enjoy the hot Greek sun! Adia beach is recommended for those who are looking for really quiet places.
It’s important to know that Adia beach (Paralia Iliontas) is not the best option to swim or snorkel in Karpathos island, because there are usually waves, and the seabed is rocky almost everywhere with some pebbles.
Adia beach (Iliontas) info
- Also known as: Adeia beach, Paralia Iliontas
- Coordinates: 35.557071, 27.106764
- 25 kilometers from Pigadia
- Sea water color: green, blue
- Sand type: pebbles, rocks
- Depth: normal
- Sea surface: usually wavy
- Crowds: not crowded
- Facilities: next to the beach there is a family restaurant Taverna Evdoxia’s
- Other Information: not organized
- Accessibility: asphalt road
- Wind conditions: usually windy