The kitesurfers's paradise with strong winds and calm atmosphere.
Agrilaopotamos beach is located in the south of Karpathos, where the winds are much stronger than elsewhere. Because of these characteristics Agrilapotamos is one of the surfer's favourite place on the island, especially recommended for kitesurfers. The beach is slightly organized - in the background there is a beach bar, but there are no parasols or sunbeds. Agrilaopotamos is mainly sandy and has small pebbles in some places, while the water is shallow. The secluded bay is ideal how to learn surfing and great place for beginners.
- Coordinates: 35.429761, 27.111164
- 25 km from Pigadia
- Sea water color: green, blue
- Sand type: yellow sand
- Depth: shallow
- Sea surface: usually calm
- Crowds: normal
- Facilities: food & drinks nearby
- Other Information: great for windwurfing and kitesurfing
- Accessibility: asphalt road
- Wind conditions: often windy