Vrontis (Afoti) is probably the largest continuous swimming area in Karpathos island.
Today Vrontis is a seaside touristic area, less developed than the neighboring Xenonas, which is closest beach to Pigadia There are many rooms and apartments, combined with several options for eating and drinking. The beach is organized at some places, but the area is quite calm and less noisy than other beaches. Vrontis beach is generally shallow and sandy, with some parts that have pebbles and small rocks. You can reach this beach easily, because it is next to the main road, which leads north from Pigadia.
You can find some natural shade under the tamarisk trees
- Sea water color: blue, green
- Sand type: grey sand, pebbles
- Depth: normal
- Sea surface: sometimes wavy
- Crowds: not crowded
- Facilities: accommodation options nearby, food & drinks nearby, parasols & beds
- Other Information: -
- Accessibility: paved road
- Wind conditions: sometimes windy