Limniatis beach, or Παραλία Λυμνιάτης in Greek is one of most popular and nearest beaches to Pigadia in Karpathos island.
Limniatis beach is located directly next to Pigadia beach (Paralia Pigadia, Παραλία Πηγάδια), and lasts from Limanaki tavern until the ruins of Agia Fotini. This beach section looks like almost the same as Pigadia beach, just longer and wider, and can be reached by a 15-20 minutes walk from the town center.
Guide to Limniatis beach with photos
The area of Limniatis beach is one of the important beach sections in the long bay of Pigadia, situated between Pigadia beach and Affoti beach, but some people mention it simply as Pigadia beach, similar to other beach sections of the area. This beach is well organized, where sunbeds and parasols and small restaurants also can be find.
Behind the beach you can see one of the biggest hotels in Karpathos, Konstantinos Palace Hotel, which is the other 5 star hotel of the island, situated about 400 meters away in the north from Alimounda Mare Hotel.
- Rooms, actual prices and reviews of Konstantinos Palace Hotel…
- Rooms, prices and photos of Alimounda Mare Hotel…
The seabed of Limniatis beach is filled primarily by coarse sand and pebbles (some places by normal sand) and deepens moderate. Due to the its location Limniatis beach can be crowded from June to August, but if you prefer more secluded parts, just walk in the north, in the direction of Affoti and Vrontis beaches, where there are a lot of empty places.
Limniatis beach additional info
- Also known as: Paralia Limniatis, Παραλία Λυμνιάτης
- Coordinates: 35.512226, 27.203219
- Location: 800 meters from Pigadia (capital of Karpathos)
- Karpathos 857 00, Greece
- Sea water color: blue
- Sand type: sand, coarse sand, pebbles, stones
- Depth: normal
- Sea surface: moderate
- Crowds: can be crowded
- Facilities: parasols and sunbeds, restaurants, beach bar, hotels
- Other Information: –
- Accessibility: by car, on foot from Pigadia
- Wind conditions: can be windy