The local bus service of Karpathos offer safe and cheap way to travel around the island, but there are some important things that you must know.
What is the actual bus schedule in Karpathos island? Where is the main bus station? How much cost the tickets? Useful informations about the bus schedule of Karpathos with routes, destinations and travel times.
Informations about Karpathos local bus service
The public bus service in Karpathos island, Greece offer safe and quite good public transport during the summer months, when not just the locals, but some tourists also travel by bus. The public bus transport of Karpathos can be recommended for everyone who don’t want to rent a car or motorbicycle. The name of the local bus service company is KTEL, which is well organized, the routes are simple, and the tickets are affordable.
The main bus station of Karpathos island is located in Pigadia, in the western side of the capitol, which is the center of local public bus transport. The distance between the main bus station of Pigadia and Karpathos Airport is about 13 kilometers.
Pigadia bus station coordinates: 35.507043, 27.210227
The central phone number of local bus service in Karpathos: +30 22 450 22 338
The main bus routes and directions from Pigadia (Karpathos town)
The bus station of Pigadia and the villages and towns of Karpathos are connected to each other by daily bus service. The actual bus schedules of Karpathos island depend from the season, the low / high season schedules are different. The actual schedules of Karpathos buses can be find in bus stops, with timings and the directions of course.
During summer months the local bus services run more often due to the increased interest, from June to mid-September the routes are more frequented than in low season.
Karpathos island bus routes
- Pigadia – Afiartis – Karpathos Airport
- Pigadia – Amoopi
- Pigdia – Aperi – Volada – Othos – Pyles
- Pigadia – Kyra Panagia – Apella – Achata
- Pigadia – Menetes – Arkasa – Finiki
- Pigadia – Lefkos
- Pigadia – Olymbos – Diafani
- Pigadia – Spoa – Mesochori
- Pigadia – General Hospital (Vrontis)
Karpathos bus schedule
The sample of the local bus schedule of Karpathos island you can see below. The routes by bus to Kato Lefkos, Kyra Panagia, Apella beach and Achata beach will be included usually in the schedules of summer.
Travel times by bus in Karpathos island
These travel times below depend on actual traffic, number of passengers and actual weather conditions. The prices of Karpathos public bus service: approx. 2 Euro – 8 Euro (depends on the route)
- Pigadia – Amoopi: 12-15 min
- Pigadia – General Hospital (Vrontis): 8-10 min
- Pigadia – Airport: 35-40 min
- Pigadia – Aperi: 20-25 min
- Pigadia – Volada: 30-35 min
- Pigadia – Othos: 32-38 min
- Pigadia – Pyles: 35-40 min
- Pigadia – Menetes: 15-18 min
- Pigadia – Arkasa: 30-35 min
- Pigadia – Lefkos: 60-70 min
- Pigadia – Olymbos: 60-70 min
- Pigadia – Diafani: 80-90 min
- Pigadia – Apella: 40-45 min
- Pigadia – Kyra Panagia: 40-45 min
Have a nice trip with KTEL public bus transport in Karpathos island, Greece!
If you travel to Karpathos in 2023, don’t forget to check the local apartments, studios or hotels of the island! (link opens in new window)